FULL CRASH DIVE, by Allan R. Bosworth - 1942 [1st Ed]
Full Crash Dive: An Admiral Wetherbee Mystery
by Allan R. Bosworth
A thrilling and suspenseful mystery novel about a submarine, the sea, prejudice and murder, which is sure to enthrall lovers of any of these elements. The author, a Lieutenant in the Naval Reserve, has served in the Navy on active duty for many years. Final revisions to this captivating work were made aboard a destroyer in the North Atlantic during a rough storm: "This story of a submarine that took a full crash dive on schedule - and never rose again; of murder on land and on sea - is as exciting and as up to the moment as today's most sensational headlines." (A Bloodhound Mystery's review) 271 pages. 5.5 x 7.75 inches.
Stated first edition. Published by: Duell, Sloan and Pearce, New York, 1942.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Covers are moderately aged showing some fading, mild staining mostly on edges, and rubbed edges.
- Corners of covers are moderately rubbed and bumped.
- Illustrated paper over boards exhibits a horizontal crinkle across front.
- No DJ
- Spine displays some moderate fading and staining.
- Spine ends are bumped and lightly chipped.
- Shoulders of spine are cracked mostly on lower half of cover resulting in play in the binding at hinges. (See photos)
- Edges of textblock are moderately age toned and edges of pastedowns show some foxing and staining. (See photos)
- Pages show some mild age toning.
- Pastedowns exhibit some partially erased pencil marks. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.