FROM PEKIN TO SIKKIM: THROUGH THE ORDOS, THE GOBI DESERT, AND TIBET, by Count De Lesdain - 1908
From Pekinh to Sikkim: Through the Ordos, the Gobi Desert, and Tibet
by Count De Lesdain
New York: E. P. Dutton & Company, 1908.
Hardback is overall in GOOD+ condition.
- Boards show some dirt, smudges, scuffing, and edgewear. Corners are gently bumped and scuffed. (Please see photos)
- Spine has gilt text and is sunned with crushed ends.
- Binding is cocked but secure.
- Frontispiece is present with intact tissue guard.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is age-toned with scattered light foxing throughout.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckle fore and foot edges and gilt along head. (Please see photos)
- Map is present and in good condition
297 pages. 6.5X9 inches.
Documentation of a journey that took place 1904-1905 by Comte and Comtesse de Lesdain through regions scarcely known to Europeans.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore