FRANZ KLINE / 1910-1962, by Carolyn Christov-Bakargiev - 2004 [1st ED]
Franz Kline 1910 - 1962
by Carolyn Christov-Bakargiev
Milano, Italy: Skira, 2004
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD- DJ.
- ISBN: 88884918669
- Illustrated DJ cover features a black and white photograph of the artist.
- Boards are in overall very good condition, they show some signs of light shelfwear and edgewear.
- Corners are bumped. (See Photos).
- Spine has white text against a black background.
- Spine ends also show moderate bumping. (See Photos).
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Front endpaper shows some creasing near the inner fold of the spine. (See Photos).
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned and exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Illustrated DJ has some edgewear and shelfwear as well as 1/4 inch closed tears along the bottom and top of the spine. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
424 pages. 9.5 x 11.5 inches.
Franz Kline was an American painter. He is associated with the Abstract Expressionist movement of the 1940s and 1950s. Kline, along with other action painters like Jackson Pollock, Willem de Kooning, Robert Motherwell, John Ferren, and Lee Krasner, as well as local poets, dancers, and musicians came to be known as the informal group, the New York School. Although he explored the same innovations to painting as the other artists in this group, Kline's work is distinct in itself and has been revered since the 1950s.
EDITION POINTS: First Edition
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore