FRAGONARD: LIFE AND WORK, by Jean-Piere Cuzin - 1988
Jean-Honore Fragonard: Life and Work Complete Catalogue of the Oil Paintings
by Jean-Pierre Cuzin
New York, NY: Harry N. Abrams, Inc. Publishers, 1988
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- Illustrated color DJ features two paintings by the artist front the Frick Collection entitled "The Pursuit" from and "The Lover Crowned."
- Blue board cover features and imprint of the title of the book on the front.
- Blue boards are in overall very good condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has silver text against a blue background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is marginally gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have dirt marks near the foot corner edge. (See Photos).
- Illustrated DJ looks great and is in overall good condition.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
382 pages. 10 x 11 inches.
Jean-Honoré Fragonard was a French painter and printmaker whose late Rococo manner was distinguished by remarkable facility, exuberance, and hedonism. One of the most prolific artists active in the last decades of the Ancien Régime, Fragonard produced more than 550 paintings (not counting drawings and etchings), of which only five are dated. Among his most popular works are genre paintings conveying an atmosphere of intimacy and veiled eroticism. This book features 761 illustrations, including 102 plates in full color and 450 black and white illustrations in the catalogue raisonne.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore