FOUR YEARS IN PARADISE, by Osa Johnson - 1941 [1st Ed]
Four Years in Paradise
by Osa Johnson
Author of "I Married Adventure: The Lives of Martin and Osa Johnson"
Stated FIRST EDITION. Philadelphia, PA & New York : J.B. Lippincott Company, 1941.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Volume displays mild overall wear and aging.
- Cloth covers feature brown "giraffe" design, with title label on front.
- Boards exhibit gentle overall edgewear, with some fading.
- Spine features title labels, and is sunned with softening to ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Half-title page has signature from previous owner. (See photos)
- Pastedowns feature beautiful sepia illustration, identical on front and back.
- Page facing half-title has some foxing to left corner.
- Illustrations are well preserved with minor toning.
- Interior is well preserved showing minor toning throughout.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show mild commensurate toning with a small stain to foot, are deckled along fore edge, and have red ink along head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
345 pages. 6.5 x 9.5 inches.
By the author of the autobiography I Married Adventure, the best-selling non-fiction book of 1940, here is Osa Johnson's first book. A wonderful journey to one of Africa's most beautiful regions, Four Years in Paradise is the tale of Martin and Osa Johnson's life in British East Africa.
Martin (1884-1937) and Osa (1894-1953) Johnson were American adventurers and documentary filmmakers. Known for their travels throughout the world in unknown regions, they helped Americans get a view of these new lands through their films.
Lavishly illustrated with sepia photographs. Includes a list of illustrations. Text includes diary entries.
PROVENANCE: Prior owner's mark dated year of publication on half title page.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore