FORMULAS FOR BOOKBINDERS, by Louis Kinder - 1905 [Signed Ltd Ed]
Formulas For Bookbinders
by Louis H. Kinder
A very scarce signed copy of this unique title. This copy is #7 of 490 printed of this limited edition printing, signed by Kinder on edition page. Includes two B&W illustration plates, one as frontispiece. Book covers a collection of trade formulas which are the results of 25 years of the study and practice of binding books. Topics covered include tooling in gold, edge gilding, marbling, stamping and various other arts of bookbinding, Includes an illustreated 8 page leaflet: "Leather Bookbindings: How to Preserve Them" (#398 of the US Department of Agriculture).115 pages with index, 9 X 11.5 inches.
Printed by The Roycrofters, East Aurora, NY. 1905.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Lightweight boards have endured over 100 years of careful use: 1/4-bound cloth with printed paper.
- Interior is artfully printed on fine parchment-colored paper.
- This book is delicate, with definite edgewear, moderate scuffing along spine, as well as general aging, wear and soiling to boards.
- Binding is fragile; a signature or 2 may be shaken loose.
- Red cloth spine features white title sticker which also exhibits scuffing.
- Interior has a slight musty smell.
- 6" x 9" leaflet is in very good condition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.