FIVE PLAYS, by Jean-Paul Sartre - 1978 [Signed Franklin Ltd Ed]
by Jean-Paul Sartre
Limited edition by the Franklin Library signed by Sartre on the front endpaper. The five plays are: No Exit, The Flies, Dirty Hands, The Respectful Prostitute and the Condemned of Altona. 5.75" by 8.75".
L'enfer, c'est les autres (Hell is other people).
Published by Franklin Library. Franklin Center, PA. 1978.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Gilt accented tooled red leather covers are in excellent condition.
- Corners sharp.
- Binding is tight.
- Spine is clean and square with gilt lettering and design detail with four raised bands and shows only a .75" crack to the head. Please see photos.
- Textured endpapers are clean and fully intact with subtle fading to the perimeter of the pastedowns.
- Interior is clean and bright with vibrant type.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges feature gilt.
- Includes placement ribbon.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
First Edition Identification
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore