FIVE NOVELS BY JANE AUSTEN - 1888 [5 Vols] Leatherbound Stokes Pride & Prejudice
Five Novels by Jane Austen - 5 Volumes
Northanger Abbey, & Persuasion
Pride and Prejudice
Sense and Sensibility
This handsome set of five uniformly bound volumes features some of the most renowned and appreciated works by the English novelist. Mostly known for her six major novels, Jane Austen is acknowledged for the profound and very rich view her works deliver on the British landed gentry of the end of the 18th century. The five novels contained in this beautiful set are all works for which she was celebrated and still is today. They bear the trademark of her analysis of the society of her time, and offer an interpretation which, together with her comments and critique, can still be appreciated today. 446 + 456 + 442 + 340 + 358 pages. 4.75 x 6.5 inches.
Five Sets. Handsome marble pastedowns.
Presumed First Edition. Published by: Frederick A. Stokes & Brother, New York, 1888.
Hardbacks are overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volumes are in very good overall condition displaying minimal expected wear to covers and interior.
- Three-quarter leatherbound.
- Covers feature lightly toned marble design on front and back, with minor wear to leather, and scuffed corners.
- Boards exhibit occasional scuffing, as well as scarce occasional staining and residues.
- Spine features text, design and lines in gilt with five raised bands on all five volumes.
- Binding is secure in all five volumes.
- Ex-libris. Front pastedown has bookplate from previous owner.
- Endpapers feature marble design with minor aging and wear, including occasional rubbing along hinge, as well as toning.
- Interior is gently toned and considerably well-preserved, with light edgewear to pages. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Head edge of textblock has gilt.
- Textblock edges show expected toning, and some irregularities along page edges protruding.
- Emma volume shows three small black stains to upper right corner of front. (See photos)
- Northanger Abbey and Persuasion volume displays some rubbing on two areas on front and back.
- Mansfield Park volume exhibits a light brown residue to lower right corner of front. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore