FIREFLIES, by William Larson - 1976 [Signed]
by William Larson
SIGNED by author on front fep. Philadelphia, PA: William G. Larson, Gravity Press, 1976.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume displays minor overall wear and aging to covers and interior.
- Dark blue/gray high-gloss covers feature yellow image on front.
- Wraps exhibit some edgewear, with rubbing along edges and to corners that curl up, and a few scuffs.
- Spine features yellow text, and shows light creasing to shoulders, as well as rubbing to ends, with a 0.75" chip from foot. (See photos)
- Please note that exterior photos also show glare from lights that are not flaws in the cover.
- Binding is secure.
- Endpapers show some foxing, mostly marginal. (See photos)
- Interior is gently age-toned, and well preserved.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display commensurate toning.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Pages not numbered. Approx. 40 pages. 12 x 9 inches.
This amazing volume records the experiment of the author with the new system of sending images via a teleprinter (later updated to a fax machine). The use of this device, that converts an image to sound and then back again, establishes once more the well-known connection between sound and picture, which Larson attempts to capture as visual art.
William Larson (b.1942) is an American photographer whose works influenced the role of technology in art. He was one of the first to create slit-scan photographs to produce the effect of a moving film taken with a camera, using only a still picture. He was fascinated with the ability of a fax machine to convert a photograph using audio code, and used that technology in making new artworks. [Wikipedia]
Illustrated with the pictures thus produced by the author. Includes an introductory text.
EDITION POINTS: Signed by author with date on front fep.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore