FIRED BY PASSION: CLAUDIUS INNOCENTIUS Du PAQUIER 2009 [3 Vols] Vienna Porcelain$250.00
Magnificent set of three volumes with slipcase, that looks new. Books with slipcase have retained cellophane protection. Lavishly illustrated throughout with full-color photographs, illustrations, maps, etc. Includes a CD-Rom with transcriptions of original documents. Includes a catalog, as well as numerous essays by various authors. Essays constitute a thorough historical study. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! Please see photos and detailed description for additional information. AS IS.
Fired by Passion: Vienna Baroque Porcelain of Claudius Innocentius du Paquier
produced by Melinda and Paul Sullivan Foundation for the Decorative Arts
Includes CD. Published by: Melinda and Paul Sullivan Foundation, Hartford, CT; and Arnoldsche Art Publishers, Stuttgart, Germany, 2009.
Hardbacks are overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 9783897903043
- Volumes are as new, displaying little to no wear to covers and interior.
- Colorfully illustrated covers are in cloth, and feature gilt text on front.
- Spines feature gilt lettering with illustration that wraps around from covers.
- Binding is secure in all volumes.
- CD-Rom is glued to back pastedown of third volume.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- All volumes have attractive publisher's ribbon bookmarks inside. (See photos)
- Slipcase features full-color illustration, and is intact under cellophane protection.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
A splendid illustrated history of Du Paquier porcelain art in Vienna in the Baroque era. Compiled from the world's most prestigious collection, the artworks presented in these three volumes illustrate a masterfully told and documented history of the evolution of porcelain art at a time when its flourishing came to a full bloom. The three volumes are complementary, presenting first the history, style and influences at the origin of its development, then the cultural context, and finally the collectors, scientific evaluation, catalog, and references. The documentation also details the numerous uses of decorated porcelain at that time, in court and among the wealthy and noble.
Three volumes. Lavishly illustrated with full-color photographs and maps. Includes numerous essays by various authors. Includes a full catalog as well as several appendices with an inventory of plaques, timelines of Austrian porcelain with maps, and a glossary of porcelain art terms.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore