FINAL REPORT OF THE GETTYSBURG BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION - 1891
Final Report of the Gettysburg Battle-Field Commission of New Jersey
commissioners: James N. Duffy, Gottfried Krueger, William H. Corbin
Trenton, NJ: John L. Murphy Publishing Company, 1891.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume displays commensurate wear and aging, with a well preserved interior.
- Brown cloth covers feature gilt lettering on front and exhibit overall rubbing and edgewear, with frayed corners that leave boards exposed.
- Front cover shows some scattered black spots.
- Back covers exhibits a bump to lower corner. (See photos)
- Cloth of boards is frayed at spine ends and along edges.
- Spine is a little sunned.
- Spine ends are frayed and chipped. (See photos)
- Binding is fragile. Gutter is cracked after title page. (See photos)
- Title page exhibits a "duplicate" stamp from NJ library.
- Front fep has presentation statement from the New Jersey library, dated 1959. (See photos)
- Ex-libris book features bookplate on front endpaper, from Vernon W. Logan.
- Endpapers show handsome flowery design on both front and back.
- Interior shows gentle to moderate age-toning throughout.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display commensurate age-toning. Head of textblock is severely foxed, and is darkened, as evidence of inking.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
165 pages. 6 x 9 inches.
This is a complete record of the actions taken by the Commissioners of the State of New Jersey to commemorate those who fought in the Battle of Gettysburg. All the important steps taken for the erection of the commemorative monuments and the management of the cemeteries, as well as the speeches and addresses for the dedication of the monuments, are recorded here in the final report.
Features B&W illustrations of monuments. Includes five appendixes with addresses, and an index.
EPHEMERA: Includes a paper insert with pencil notes about NJ troops at Gettysburg.
PROVENANCE: from the library of Vernon W. Logan.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore