FIGURATIVE ART IN MEDIEVAL ISLAM, by Michael Barry - 2004 [Signed]
Figurative Art in Medieval Islam and the Riddle of Bizad of Herat (1465 - 1535)
by Michael Barry, forward by Stuart Cary Welch
Signed. Paris: Flammarion, 2004
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 2080304216
- Illustrated DJ features art work from Medieval Islam.
- Blue boards show some shelfwear and edgewear.
- Corners are bumped. (See Photos).
- Spine has black text with a light brown background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Front endpaper has an inscription signed by the author.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ overall looks great with some edgewear/shelfwear and a bumped front shoulder. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
408 pages. 9.75 x 12.5 inches.
Michael Barry (b. 1948) now lectures at Princeton University, on the traditional and modern cultures of Iran and especially Afghanistan. Barry is widely published and holds six literary prizes. Stuart Cary Welch, former curator of Islamic and Later Indian Art at Harvard University's Fogg and Sackler Museums, is widely recognized as one of the world's foremost specialist of Persian and Mughal painting.
EDITION POINTS: Inscribed and signed by the author on front free endpaper.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore