FIGHTING: FAMOUS FIGHTS AND FIGHTERS, by Ben Bennison - 1913
Fighting: Famous Fights and Fighters Remembered and Recorded
by Ben Bennison
Published by: The World's Work, LTD, London, 1913.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is in overall very good condition, with minimal wear to covers and mild aging inside.
- Red covers feature title and frame in gilt on front, and display minimal edgewear.
- Spine exhibits minimal wear to ends, with a slight bump to head.
- Binding is secure.
- Interior is mildly toned. Gutters display some small holes as if from staples of previous binding, interior margin. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are lightly deckled.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
159 pages. 5.5 x 8 inches.
A fascinating collection of tales about boxing and champions. Putting together some of the most impressive and memorable records of fights witnessed in the US, the UK and around the world, Bennison presents his work as an ensemble of short stories narrating the feats of particular champions. Personally acquainted with most of his heroes, the author describes in detail the adventures of each boxer in the ring, his strategies, and the outcomes of the fights, even including some of his own thoughts about the place of the referee during a fight. His passionate accounts will delight any fans of the sport.
Custom bound. Originally published paperback. Illustrated with some B&W drawings. Includes a list of British champions and a list of world champions. Includes an Introduction.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.