FANTASTIC PLANET, by Stephan Wul - 2010 [1st Eng Ed]
Fantastic Planet (Oms en Serie)
by Stephan Wul
Telford, UK: Creation Oneiros, 2010.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- ISBN: 9781902197319
- Volume displays minimal overall wear.
- Covers feature full-color illustration on front, as well as pink and white colored text. A summary of the story is included on back.
- Wraps display minimal edgewear with rubbing and minimal bumping of corners on front.
- Spine features white and pink text.
- Binding is secure throughout volume.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show minimal dust.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
158 pages. 5.5 x 8.5 inches.
Wul's novel presents a world where the human race, enslaved by giants who carried them from Earth to their planets, live a life of servitude as they become known as Oms, lowly servants regarded as savages by their masters. It takes one courageous young man to stand up against tyranny and lead his people back to freedom and dignity. The story has inspired a 1973 award-winning movie, Fantastic Planet. It is a classic of Science-Fiction, originally published in French under the title Oms en Serie, published here for the very first time in English.
Supported by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, as part of the Burgess programme run by the Cultural Department of the French Embassy in London.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore