Faith Ringgold's AMERICAN PEOPLE, BLACK LIGHT - 2010 [Signed 1st Ed]
American People, Black Light: Faith Ringgold's Paintings of the 1960s
essay by Michele Wallace
edited by Thom Collins
for Neuberger Museum of Art
SIGNED FIRST EDITION. New York: Neuberger Museum of Art, 2010.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition.
- ISBN: 9780979562938
- Volume displays minimal wear with a well-preserved interior and covers.
- Color illustrated wraps exhibit minimal edgewear from rubbing mostly at corners.
- Covers display intentional random shiny spots with faint smudges.
- Spine features black and white text and with only sparse rubbing visible at ends and shoulder.
- Wraps have return flaps.
- Binding is secure.
- Title page shows signature of the artist with date.
- Interior is otherwise free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
136 pages. 9 x 10.75 inches.
Published in conjunction with the Neuberger Museum of Art's 2010 exhibition of the same name, this beautiful catalog collects the highly original work of this African American artist. Taking inspiration from Cubism, Impressionism and African Art, Ringgold succeeded in creating her own style, and is ever seeking what she calls "a more affirmative black aesthetic." This handsome volume gathers her important works of the 1960s--all uniquely her own, including Impressionist inspired color use, yet also reflecting the artistic currents of the day. The monograph is complete with biographical text by Ringgold's daughter Michelle Wallace, followed by 55 pages of vibrant full-color reproductions from the exhibition.
Lavishly illustrated with captioned color reproductions of the artist's works, as well as black & white photographs. Catalog of the exhibition at end of volume.
Faith Ringgold (b. 1930), from Harlem, New York, is a painter, mixed media sculptor, performance artist, writer, teacher and lecturer. [FaithRinggold /about-faith]
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore