EYE TO EYE: EUROPEAN PORTRAITS 1450-1850, by Rand & Morris - 2011$110.00
Eye to Eye: European Portraits 1450-1850
by Richard Rand and Kathleen M. Morris
with Essay by David Ekserdjian
Williamstown, MA: Sterling and Francine Clark Institute, 2011.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with NEAR FINE DJ.
- ISBN: 9780300175646
- Volume displays minimal overall wear to covers and interior.
- Black cloth boards show a barely perceptible line of dust to lower edge of front wrapping around to foot of spine.
- Spine features text in gilt.
- Binding is secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges show minimal wear. First page to page 43 show a persistent small bump to lower corner. (See photos)
- DJ features full-color painting on front and back, and shows minimal edgewear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
160 pages. 10 x 11.25 inches.
The magnificent artwork of the 15th to 19th century is fully featured in this splendid collection. For centuries portraiture has been one of the most distinguished forms of painting, and works of this kind abound in the greatest masters' repertoire. Presented here are thirty portraits by master artists of the late 15th to early 19th centuries, a collection that includes Lucas Cranach the Elder, Anthony Van Dyck, Jacques-Louis David, as well as many other great names of European painting.
Lavishly illustrated with full-color reproductions of paintings. Includes a foreword, a preface, an essay and a bibliography, in addition to the catalog.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore