EXAMPLES OF ORNAMENTAL METAL WORK, by Henry Shaw - 1836 [Plates]
Examples of Ornamental Metal Work
by Henry Shaw
London: Wm. Pickering, 1836
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Boards with brown cloth show some age and wear, marks, scratches, rubbing at shoulder, edgewear. Corners are frayed.
- Spine has gilt text and library label is rubbed, with softened ends.
- Binding is intact. Stitching visible and signs of separation. See photos.
- Brown paper feps and pastedowns show little to no sign of age or wear.
- Illustrations, engraved plates, are clear, age toned.
- Some plates are numbered in pencil. See photos.
50 plates. 8.5 x 11.75 inches
Plates by Henry Shaw (1800–1873), an English architectural draughtsman, engraver, illuminator, and antiquary.
PROVENANCE: From the library of Samuel Yellin (1884-1940), master blacksmith and metal designer whose workshop was located on Arch Street in Philadelphia.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore