EURIPIDES: PHAETHON, by James Diggle - 1970
edited by James Diggle
Published by: Cambridge University Press. Cambridge, UK. 1970.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Red cloth covered boards featuring gilt lettering and publisher's logo to the spine.
- Covers exhibit minimal signs of commensurate age and wear.
- Boards exhibit faint stains to areas with light fading to edges.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine is gently darkened with a small stain to the tail. Please see photos.
- Binding is firm.
- Front endpapers bear ownership signatures. Please see photos.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of commensurate age and wear.
- Plates are present and fully intact.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are gently darkened and stained.
- DJ is gently darkened and exhibits mild scuffing, light scratches and indentations, a small closed tear to the spine and wear along the edges including the inner flaps and spine ends. Please see photos.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
A scholarly examination of Euripides' tragedy Phaethon edited with prolegomena and commentary by classical philologist James Diggle.
Includes Phaethon in the original Greek with supplementary treatment, List of Abbreviations, Index Verborum and Index of Passages Discussed, Subject Index, Greek Index and six plates depicting the original papyrus manuscripts prepared from high quality photographic reproductions.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore