EUGENE VERBOECKHOVEN, by P. & V. Berko - 1981
by Patrick and Viviane Berko
English, Dutch, German, French text. Brussels, Belgium: Editions Laconti , 1981.
Hardback hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated color covers feature photographs of the artists painting on each side.
- Boards are in over all very good condition.
- Corners are sharp, but show light scuffing on the foot corners.
- Spine has gilded text and is against a red background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Endpapers and feps have some
- Illustrations are present and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear, marginal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Inside pages have marginal toning. (See Photos).
- Text block edges show signs of light markings on the foot corner. (See Photos).
- DJ looks great, is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Illustrated DJ has some light edgewear and small tears along the spine head and foot. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
278 pages. 10 x 11 inches.
This book offers an overview of Eugène Verboeckhoven's work, along with a biography of the painter, featuring about 200 reproductions of his works. In addition to the equestrian portrait of King William I of the Netherlands, he was known as “the Raphael of sheep” because of his ability to create uniquely individual sheep and other animals.
Eugène Joseph Verboeckhoven (1798-1881), a Belgian painter, was born at Warneton in West Flanders. He was a painter, a sculptor, an etcher, an engraver, and a lithographer of animals, animated landscapes, and portraits. A man of his time, he played an important role in the Belgian Revolution of 1830 and was appointed Director General of the Brussels Museums of Fine Arts by the temporary government. Active with museums and schools, he was also Deputy Mayor of Schaerbeek for 6 years, as well as a
EDITION POINTS: English, Dutch, German, and French text.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore