ESSAYS ON RELIGION AND THE ANCIENT WORLD, by Arthur Darby Nock - 1986 [2 Vols]
Essays on Religion and the Ancient World
by Arthur Darby Nock
Published by: Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1986.
Hardbacks are overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- ISBN: 019814282X
- Volumes display minimal overall aging and wear.
- Blue covers exhibit minor edgewear with light fading, more to Vol 2 along a band on lower edges of front and back.
- Spines feature lettering in gilt, and are a little softened at foot.
- Binding is secure in both volumes.
- Front pastedowns have previous owner signature and date in both volumes. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges are foxed along head and occasionally on other edges, and display occasional smudges.
- Publisher's transparent plastic DJs are a little dusty, more along edges. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Arthur Darby Nock's study on the religions of the Ancient World constitutes a work of tremendous scope and exhaustiveness. From the Hellenistic mysteries to Zoroaster and the Magi, from Christianity and the Jewish mysteries to the cult of heroes and the nymphs and nereids, these two volumes delve into the most remarkable aspects of the religions of the ancient world, there origin, influence, and the way they shaped the ancient world.
Two volumes. Edition includes an introduction, as well as a selected and edited bibliography of Nock's writings.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore