ERNST FUCHS, by Marcel Brion & Sophie Wilkins - 1977
introduction by Marcel Brion
translated by Sophie Wilkins
New York, NY: Harry N. Abrams, INC., Publishers, 1977
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated Pink cover features an amazing gilt design by the artist.
- Boards are in overall very good condition and show light edgewear.
- Spine is pink with the title written in gilt.
- Corners are sharp, with lightly scuffed foot corners.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations present bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned, exhibits minimal signs of age and wear and marginal toning.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges along the foot has moderate markings. (See Photos).
- DJ looks good, and is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals heavy edgewear to the corners and mostly to the spine head. (See Photos).
- Illustrated DJ has edgewear as well as chipped corners.he most predominant being at both ends of the spine, the head edge has a heavy tear to it. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
230 pages. 11 x 12 inches.
In the first major book on the art of Ernst Fuchs, the reader is led by the artist himself into the rich world of his artistic fantasy. In a moving, candid autobiographical story, Fuchs talk s about the events, emotions, and convictions that have shaped his art, from childhood to the present.
Ernst Fuchs was an Austrian painter, draftsman, printmaker, sculptor, architect, stage designer, composer, poet, singer and one of the founders of the Vienna School of Fantastic Realism. In 1972, he acquired the derelict Otto Wagner Villa in Hütteldorf, which he restored and transformed. The villa was inaugurated as the Ernst Fuchs Museum in 1988.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore