EMIL FILLA (1882-1953) - 2007
Gently used paperback with minimal wear to covers and interior. Magnificently illustrated in full-color. Text in Czech with parallel English translation. BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! Please see photos and detailed description for additional information. AS IS.
Emil Filla (1882-1953)
an exhibition of Prague Castle Riding Hall
This catalog of the 2007 exhibition of Prague Castle Riding Hall presents the great Czech painter's lifework covering his entire life. A leader of the avant-garde in Prague between the two World Wars and an early Cubist painter, Filla produced a body of paintings which is representative of his era, and which is also the expression of the hardships of the war, the artist having experienced life in the concentration camp of Buchenwald. This magnificent catalog includes an explanatory text in Czech and English describing each period of the artist's life from which originate his paintings, from his beginnings to his last works. 96 pages. 8.75 x 10.75 inches.
Ad flyer in Czech and English included inside.
FIRST EDITION. Text in Czech with English translation. Includes a table of contents of the exhibition, a biography and a selected bibliography. Illustrated in full-color.
Published by: The National Gallery in Prague, Prague, 2007.
Softback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- ISBN: 9788070353578
- Volume is in overall near fine condition with minimal wear to covers and interior.
- Covers feature color illustration of painting from the exhibition, and show minimal wear.
- Front wrap displays a slight bump to upper right corner.
- Back cover is lightly scuffed.
- Corners display minimal wear.
- Spine features illustration which wraps around from front cover, with black text.
- Binding is secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Slight bump to upper corner of front cover persists inside.
- Text block edges exhibit some slight staining to upper corner. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore>