EDWARD WORMLEY: THE OTHER FACE OF MODERNISM, by Judith Gura - 1997
Edward Wormley: The Other Face of Modernism
by Judith Gura, Chris Kennedy, and Larry Weinberg
Northampton, MA: DESIGNbase, 1997
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Illustrated cover features yellow and brown background with a black and white photo of Edward Wormley.
- Wraps show some shelfwear, the back wrap shows a portion of the upper corner to have been bent. (See Photos).
- Wraps have staining on the inside margins. (See Photos).
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine is yellow with no text.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is exhibits minimal signs of age and wear, marginal toning with some scattered smudges. (See Photos).
- Inside pages have scattered smudges along the edges, specifically on the inside covers. (See Photos).
- Text block edges have light markings. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
76 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches.
Edward J Wormley was an American designer of modern furniture. In 1926 he went to study briefly at the Art Institute of Chicago. Funds ran out and he went to work as an interior designer for Marshall Fields & Company department store. During the Depression, Wormley was introduced to the president of Dunbar Furniture Company of Berne, Indiana, who hired him to upgrade their product line.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore