EDWARD T. CHOW COLLECTION [3 Vols]
The Edward T. Chow Collection: Parts One, Two and Three
A very scarce three volume hardback set of auction catalogs.
- Part 1: November 1980 at Furama Hotel in Hong Kong. Ming and Qing Porcelain. 159 pages.
- Part 2: December 1980 at Sotheby's London. Early Chinese Ceramics and Ancient Bronzes. 141 pages.
- Part 3: May 1981 again at Furama Hotel in Hong Kong. Ming and Qing Porcelain, and works of art. 183 pages
Quality hardbacks offer details of each item with a mix of color and B&W photos. 7.5" by 10.5".
Ephemera: Associated price sheets, both pre-auction estimates plus a list of realized prices. Volume 2 includes a detached 13" by 10" map of China's administrative divisions.
Published by Sotheby Parke Bernet Ltd. New York, NY. 1980.
Hardbacks are overall in NEAR FINE condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ's.
- Each volume is bound in clean blue cloth with bright gilt lettering to the cover and bold Chinese characters in gilt on back
- Bumped and creased corners to the following: Volume I, front top right and rear top left; Volume II, front lower left. Overall, corners are sharp.
- Each volume features bright, fully intact lettering and additional Seal script to the spine.
- Binding is firm.
- Decorative endpapers show little to no sign of age or wear.
- The interior of each volume includes vibrant type and illustrations on clean and bright glossy pages.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Head edges of text blocks are dusty, with barely perceptible toning to fore and foot.
- Vol I: price sheets are free of marks; auction price sheet has faint vertical crease in center and tiny fold to lower corner.
- Vol II: estimate sheet is free of marks and apparent wear; realized price sheet is missing. Map is clean with edgewear, rough at top edge as it extends past book covers--creasing, small chips, closed tears, darkening. Please see photos.
- Vol III: estimate sheet bears pronounced creases at top; realized price list has vertical crease, and edgewear almost entirely limited to margins, including a 2 mm open tear, a fold and creasing. Please see photos.
- Accompanying each volume is the original illustrated dust jacket, each with light wear and subtle toning to areas, primarily along the perimeter. Overall excellent, excepting the following...
- Part 1: minor scuffing and a 2 mm hole at fore edge; bumped corners; general light edgewear; with bumps and creasing; light bumping to spine head; some light scuffing and dirt.
- Part 2: bumping to spine ends; general edgewear; light scuffing and dirt.
- Part 3: general light edgewear; light bumps to spine ends and corners; some light scuffing overall; light 1/2" scuff to front near top at center; shallow dimples near near lower corner of front.
- Please see photos.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore