DR. KIRKBRIDE AND HIS MENTAL HOSPITAL, by Earl D. Bond - 1947 [Signed, DJ]
Dr. Kirkbride and His Mental Hospital
by Earl D. Bond, MD
Signed by the author. Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott Company, 1947
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a GOOD DJ under Mylar.
- Tan covers have black titles.
- Boards show some smudges, bumping at shoulders, edgewear. Corners are frayed.
- Spine has black text and is bright with bumped, crushed ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Pastedowns and feps have some toning, author's inscription. See photos.
- Frontispiece is present.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is gently age-toned. Inside pages have scattered marginalia in pencil. See photos.
- Text block edges are a little dusty.
- DJ is nicely preserved behind Mylar and is backed with archival paper.
- DJ is chipped at spine, has chipped corners, closed tears along head edge, bumping along foot edge, some staining to back. See photos.
163 pages. 6 x 9 inches
Biography of a 19th century Quaker doctor, Thomas Story Kirkbride, and his work with the mental patients at the Pennsylvania Hospital. Kirkbride is held up as a positive example in the care and treatment of mental illnesses.
With seven illustrations.
Signed and inscribed by author on free end paper.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore