DOROTHEA TANNING, by Jean Christophe Bailly; Robert C. Morgan - 1995
with texts by Jean Christophe Bailly & Robert C. Morgan
Presumed First Edition. Published by: George Braziller, New York, 1995.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 0807614025
- Volume is in overall very good+ condition showing minimal aging and wear to covers and interior.
- Orange covers display minimal edgewear with faint darkening all along edges.
- Spine features text in black, and displays mild overall darkening/smudging, as well as more pronounced darkening to ends.
- Binding is secure, with gutter exhibiting a light gap between pages 8 and 9 at upper part. (See photos)
- Interior is well-preserved, and displays minimal toning to page edges.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display occasional smudges and scuffs, more pronounced at corners. (See photos)
- DJ is well-preserved, with occasional rubbing and scuffing, mostly along shoulders and spine ends, as well as slight creasing to head of spine on front. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
The unconventional, sometimes otherworldly art of Dorothea Tanning presented and explained in this superb monograph featuring the essays of accomplished scholars. Known for her highly inventive works in all fields of art, painting, sculpture, theater and movies, this extraordinary American artist enjoyed international renown. This long-awaited volume is a magnificent monograph presenting and discussing all domains covered by her tremendously productive career. 404 pages. 10 x 11.75 inches.
Features 214 full-color plates with the works of the artist. Filled with essays by scholars. Includes a poem, essays, a chronology and a bibliography with books and exhibition catalogs, as well as an afterword by the artist.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.