DIVIDEND ON DEATH, by Brett Halliday - 1939 [1st Ed]
Dividend On Death
by Brett Halliday
FIRST EDITION. New York: Henry Holt and Company, 1939.
Overall in Near Fine condition, with Very Good DJ.
- Crisp black cloth features white illustration on front and spine, and is wrapped in original illustrated DJ.
- Binding is tight.
- Front pastedown has some small pencil markings.
- Head of text block is inked in green.
- Interior is gently age toned.
- Inside pages are free of writing or intentional marks.
- Dust jacket looks great, wrapped in Mylar and backed with archival paper, with clear front and spine illustrations.
- DJ has some light wear, including light bumps to spine head, and scuffing and chips to spine foot, minor chips to corners with scuffing to fore edges.
- Back of DJ is toned with overall light scratches and scuffed shoulder. Edgewear includes a ~.25" closed tear at head.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of aging or wear.
5.25 x 7.75 inches. 252 pages.
Very scarce 1st edition printing of the first book in the Michael Shayne series, launching one of the most famous detective characters in crime fiction worldwide.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore