DISLOCATIONS & FRACTURES, by Maclise - 1859
Dislocations and Fractures
by Joseph Maclise
Luxurious elephant folio book, 3/4-bound in leather, offers 36 full-page, beautifully shaded, B&W plates, with extensive descriptions and commentary. Illustrations are clear and very detailed showing internal anatomy, including affected bones, muscles and some nerves.
One of Dr. Joseph Maclise's (1850-1888?) fine anatomical publications. Unpaginated. 21 x 15 inches.
Publishing Info: John Churchill, London. 1859.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- 3/4-bound in brown leather with black cloth boards, with rounded spine.
- Leather spine and corners were professionally replaced somewhere along the way, and look very nice.
- Fresh gilt decorations all around are very bright with minimal signs of wear or age.
- 36 beautiful plates with clear ink on a fine archival paper.
- Text pages are gently tanned throughout.
- Cloth cover perimeters exhibit scuffing/rubbing along edges and leathered corners.
- Pastedowns appear to be original marble papers.
- Hinges are reinforced with wide black tape on pastedowns.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age overall, with some scattered foxing, some smudges and misc marks that come with wear and age.
- Some pencil writing in margin of dedication page and title verso, as pictured.
- Title page has both a closed tear and a chip along the lower edge, and tape-like darkening at foot of fore edge.
- Text block edges are dusty, with some dirt and stains.
- Some wear to edges of pages in the margin, including small chips that carry through on a few pages. Sample photo provided in extra photos visible within this description.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.