DIEGO GIACOMETTI, by Daniel Marchesseau [1st Ed] - 1986
by Daniel Marchesseau; Diego Giacometti
preface by Jean Leymarie
translated from the French by Frederica T. Harlow
1st English Edition. New York: Harry N. Abrams, Inc. Publishers. 1986
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated DJ features a photograph of "Tables with leaves, bird, and lizard, top and side views in bronze from 1978" and the back cover features " Headwaiter Cat, final version in bronze from 1967."
- Boards are in overall very good condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilded text against a grey background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Illustrated DJ along the spine ends have small closed tears, the biggest being 1/4 inches along the head of the spine. DJ also shows fading along the spine, with the corners showing light edgewear. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
216 pages. 10 x 11 inches.
A comprehensive oeuvre of one of the greatest 20th artists-craftsmen. Begun as a collaboration with the artist, it's the one book to which he actively contributed, working closely with the writers until his sudden death in 1985. Working primarily in bronze, his works are detailed and often functional. This book covers his life and art works, with 310 illustrations, including 26 plates in full color.
Diego Giacometti (1902-1985) was a Swiss sculptor and designer, and the younger brother of the sculptor Alberto Giacometti, who helped to promote.
EDITION POINTS: 1st English Edition.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore