DESIGNS & TYPOGRAPHY FOR COVER PAPER - 1924
Designs & Typography for Cover Paper
Presentation of 15 cover designs with designs for a greeting card and a display card. Unfortunately the cover design for the School Prospectus is missing along with the entire section on the Mah Jong Book of Rules. In addition, a piece of the Brick Manufacturer's design has been cut out. All other designs intact. Unpaginated. 9.25" by 12".
Published by District of Columbia Paper Manufacturing Company. Washington DC. 1924.
Hardback is overall in GOOD condition.
- Illustrated covers are mostly clean with darkened and scuffed illustrated title sticker.
- Boards are scratched and show wear, most notably to the edges and perimeter where there are chips missing. Please see photos.
- Corners are exposed and receding. Please see photos.
- Spine shows light wear and rubbing along the length with fraying to the ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Front pastedown bears presentation sticker from the publisher to the University Society.
- Rear pastedown bears two stapled-in samples of different paper colors.
- Front pastedown shows wear along the perimeter.
- Ffep has folds to lower right corner and a portion of the top right corner chipped.
- Flyleaf bears writing in pencil.
- First page of index bears offsetting while the immediately preceding pages bear indentations and traces of rust from staples. Please see photos.
- Illustration plates are clean, however facing pages bear different degrees of offset/shadowing. Please see photos for example.
- Interior is gently age-toned
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore