DAVID HAMILTON: TWENTY FIVE YEARS OF AN ARTIST, by Philippe Gautier - 1993 [1st Eng Ed]
David Hamilton: Twenty Five Years of an Artist
by Philippe Gautier
Contains depictions of nudity.
The text is written by Philippe Gautier and Marc Tagger based on discussions and interviews with Mr. Hamilton. The English translation is by Yanick M. Haywood and is adapted by Liliane James. The book itself is designed by Hamilton and his ex-wife Gertrude Hamilton.
The introduction contrasts the early '90's artistic climate with the early '70's when Hamilton's first book was published. The text starts from Hamilton's childhood, and proceeds chronologically through his career in a fairly prosaic manner, concluding with candid photographs of the man himself. The latter half of the text is more personal, discussing Hamilton's outlook on his art and life, including an explanation for his fascination with young girls, which the majority of his photography expresses.
Much of the photography covers Hamilton's familiar themes of young girls, clothed and not, prepubescent and older. Half of the rest covers his other subject matter: landscapes, cityscapes, flowers, and other still lifes. 315 pages. 10.125" by 10.5"
First English edition published by Aurum Press. London, UK. 1993.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- ISBN: 1854102664
- Black cloth covers, featuring stamped lettering, remain free of major signs of age or wear.
- Boards are gently scuffed with faint white stains.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine, featuring stamped lettering, remains square and firm.
- Binding is firm.
- Interior appears to be gently age-toned though overall remains free of major signs of age or wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges exhibit mild toning and faint stains.
- DJ exhibits minor signs of age and wear such as gentle age-toning, bumped corners, edges and spine ends with scuffing and stains to areas of the front, back and spine.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore