DAS KAPITAL, by Karl Marx - 1894 [1st Ed, 3 Vols]$3,500.00
Das Kapital: Kritik der Politischen Oekonomie
by Karl Marx
THIRD VOLUME is a true FIRST EDITION. Hamburg: Otto Meissner, 1890-94.
Hardbacks are overall in VERY GOOD- condition.
- Volumes are generally sound, displaying obvious wear and tear, with well preserved interior and intact binding.
- Volumes are quarter-bound in leather.
- Covers feature colored design on paper and display moderate to pronounced rubbing.
- Boards display notable edgewear with rubbing that exposes boards along most parts of edges.
- Corners were professionally reinforced with gray buckram at some point, covering less than typical corner reinforcements. They are generally better than the edges, yet still mildly bumped, with exposed board.
- Spines feature brown title blocks, with gilt and four raised bands, and are notably rubbed.
- Spines exhibit chipping to both ends, as well as occasional cracking.
- Volume 1:
- Covers show scattered rubbing. Front cover has some paper missing along two 0.5" x 2.5" strips on lower half. (See photos)
- Shoulders are splitting.
- Middle of spine, 5" from head, is cracked along band from one shoulder to the other. Spine piece is fragile. (See photos)
- Volume 2:
- Head of spine to 1.5" to head end (to first raised band from head) is starting, split along front shoulder and detached from back shoulder. (See photos)
- Pages 81-96 display a persistent corner crease. (See photos)
- Volume 3:
- Covers are well preserved with mild rubbing.
- Overall in best condition of the 3.
- Binding is fragile but intact in all volumes. Throughout textblock, gutter is secure.
- Interior is mildly toned and is well preserved.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Marbled textblock edges feature a lovely colored design. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
739 pgs (vol 1) + 500 pgs (vol 2) + 870 pgs (vol 3). 5.75 x 8.75 inches.
First Volume is fourth edition. Second Volume is Third Edition. Third Volume is First Edition.
- 1st Volume: Der Produktionsprocess des Kapitals.
- 2nd Volume: Der Cirkulationsprocess des Kapitals.
- 3rd Volume: Der Gesammtprocess der kapitalistischen Produktion.
Karl Marx (1818-1883) was a German philosopher, economist, historian, sociologist, political theorist, journalist and socialist revolutionary. He is considered one of the most influential figures in human history, having influenced countless intellectuals, labor parties, artists and political parties after him, who took his ideas and modified or adapted them. The ensemble of his political and economical theories is collectively understood as Marxism, a system that promoted socialism as an answer to the deficiencies of capitalism. The present work is among his two best-known writings, with a pamphlet written in 1848, The Communist Manifesto.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore