DANIEL GARBER: ROMANTIC REALIST, by Lance Humphries- 2007
Daniel Garber: Romantic Realist
by Lance Humphries
Philadelphia, PA: Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, James A. Michener Art Museum, 2007
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated colored DJ covers feature a painting by the artist entitled "Tohickon" from 1920 and the back cover features a painting entitled "Hawk's Nest" from 1917.
- Wraps show some light edgewear.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has white text against an illustrated background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior is exhibits minimal signs of age and wear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have very light foxing on the head edge.
- Illustrated DJ has some light edgewear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
48 pages. 9.5 x 12 inches.
Daniel Garber was an American Impressionist landscape painter and member of the art colony at New Hope, Pennsylvania. He is best known today for his large impressionist scenes of the New Hope area, in which he often depicted the Delaware River. He also painted figurative interior works and excelled at etching. In addition to his painting career, Garber taught art at the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts for over forty years.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore