DANIEL GARBER: CATALOGUE RAISONNE, by Lance Humphries - 2006 [2 Vols]
Daniel Garber: Catalogue Raisonne
by Lance Humphries
A splendid celebration of the American painter's magnificent work by the expert pen and selection of Lance Humphries. Lavishly illustrated with Garber's awe-inspiring art, filled with biographical details inserted in a clear and fascinating narration of his life, these two handsome volumes are a treasure for any art lover's library. Belonging to a circle of painters living in New Hope, Pennsylvania and inspired by the beautiful region of the Delaware river, he is considered one of the greatest artists of his day, an outstanding example of a generation of landscape artists, and which were deemed to be "our first truly national expression." 255 pages (vol 1) + 503 pages (vol 2). 9.5 x 12.5 inches.
Two volumes, of which the first is biographical, and the second a complete catalogue of the works. Lavishly illustrated in black & white and full-color reproductions of the artist's works. Volumes are protected in slipcase.
Published by: Hollis Taggart Galleries, New York, 2006.
Hardbacks are overall in NEAR FINE condition with NEAR FINE DJs.
- ISBN: 0975995464
- Volumes are in near fine condition with minimal wear.
- Blue cloth covers are clean and minimally worn.
- Boards are clean with firm edges and sharp corners.
- Spine has text in gilt and has firm ends.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJs are minimally worn, with slight wear from rubbing and bumping to upper edge of first volume DJ. (See photos)
- Slipcase is in near fine condition, with minor shelf wear.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore