DANGLING MAN, by Saul Bellow - 1944 [1st Ed]$382.50
DANGLING MAN, by Saul Bellow 1944 [1st Edition] Scarce DJ Fiction
by Saul Bellow
Bellow's first novel, published at age 28. The story follows an unemployed husband, Joseph, as he waits to be drafted.
191 pages. 5.25" by 8.75"
Publishing Info: Vanguard Press, New York 1944
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition, with a FAIR DJ.
- Very scarce first edition with dust jacket
- No gift inscription or any other ownership marks
- Interior is free of any writing, underlining, highlighting or other intentional marks
- Binding is secure
- Corners of green cloth boards are very gently bumped
- Top edge of boards are a bit sunned with white mark and scuff to top edge of back
- A couple small light stains to fore edge of textblock
- Binding is slightly cocked
- DJ is rare for this edition
- DJ looks very nice behind Mylar cover and is backed with archival paper
- DJ shows chips to all corners with those off head and tail of spine and lower left corner of back from .5" to 1" in size
- DJ show some light scuffing to spine edges and perimeter with a small tear to top front
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
- When you buy from us, we would greatly appreciate positive feedback to add to our ratings! Thank you in advance!
- We encourage you to contact us with any questions! We also welcome additional information on any of our listings.
- Other shipping options may be available. Please contact us for more details and information. Pickup is also welcome!
- Orders ship within 2 business days of receipt of payment, unless otherwise notified. Payment is due within 2 days of auction end to guarantee availability and price.
- International Buyers: Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges; these charges are the BUYER's responsibility. FULL VALUE will be declared on all overseas items.
- If your order hasn't arrived, or isn't as described, please contact us and we'll work with you to find a satisfactory resolution!
Launched from my store - Powered by Highwire.com