DAN KILEY: THE COMPLETE WORKS, by Dan Kiley; Jane Amidon - 1999 [1st US Ed]
Dan Kiley: The Complete Works of America's Master Landscape Architect
by Dan Kiley and Jane Amidon
FIRST AMERICAN EDITION. Boston, New York and London: Little, Brown and Company, 1999.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 0821225898
- Volume displays minimal overall wear to covers and interior.
- Black cloth covers show minimal edgewear, limited to some scuffing to upper edge of back board, and some faint white staining to lower edges on a 0.5" long area, at most.
- Spine features silver lettering.
- Binding is secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ features full-color photographs on front and back, and displays minimal edgewear with some rubbing to foot of spine. Lower edge on front is curling up a little near scuff on board. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
224 pages. 10.25 x 11 inches.
Written as a tribute to the work of one of the greatest American landscape architects of the past century, this volume features the artist's stunning masterpieces in magnificent photographs. The text also documents his life and professional experiences, told by himself and co-written by Jane Amidon. A timeless tribute to a timeless artist, the book allows us to follow the step-by-step realization of Kiley's lifework.
Dan Kiley (1912-2004) was an American landscape architect. A modernist, he designed more than 1000 projects that include the Gateway Arch National Park in St Louis and the Art Institute of Chicago's South Garden.
Jane Amidon is a Professor of Landscape Architecture and Director of the Urban Landscape Program in the Northern University School of Architecture. She has been a studio associate with Dan Kiley since 1993 and works to document his works. [Wikipedia and DJ flap]
Lavishly illustrated throughout, with full-color and B&W photographs, as well as maps and plans. Features text by the artist and Jane Amidon, as well as a complete record of works and projects, a bibliography, and a design manifesto of Garrett Eckbo, Dan Kiley, and James Rose, that are excerpts from the 1939-40 articles in Architectural Records.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore