DAMN EVERYTHING BUT THE CIRCUS, by Corita Kent - 1970 [Signed 1st Ed]$95.00
Damn Everything But The Circus
by Corita Kent
STATED FIRST EDITION, SIGNED on front endpaper by artist. Book contains color bookmark stating: SIGNED LIMITED EDITION. Canada: Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 1970.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition with VERY GOOD DJ and VERY GOOD- slipcase.
- Volume features slipcase with colorful design by artist, identical on slipcase and DJ, as well as black covers with blind-tooling on front and gilt on spine. Volume comes with illustrated cards contained in pocket.
- Book shows gentle age and wear, and is well preserved overall.
- Covers exhibit little wear with minimal dust along edges.
- Spine has a small bump to head. Gilt lettering is bright and clear.
- Binding is secure throughout.
- Illustrated cards are contained in white pocket, and are well preserved showing little to no wear.
- Interior shows minimal overall wear, with occasional wrinkles to pages.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- DJ displays some edgewear, with rubbing along head edges and spine ends mostly, as well as minor creasing to head edge of back, that also shows a vertical 0.25" tear.
- DJ has a chip to head corner on front. Head edge starting from chipped corner shows a 1.5" horizontal crease. (See photos)
- Slipcase displays obvious overall edgewear, with foot corner along open edge showing notable rubbing and some chipping. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
Pages not numbered. Approx. 60 pages. 10.75 x 11 inches.
Book features colorful DJ with the handsome design of the artist, as well as slipcase with identical design. Black cloth covers are blind-tooled along front, and have gilt lettering on spine. Volume comes with cards featuring the artist's design from book, contained in white pocket.
This fun and entertaining book features the colorful art of Corita Kent, who allows us into the magical world of the circus, where nothing is worry and limitations, and all is freedom in all its aspects. Freedom to follow one's inspiration, freedom to enjoy, freedom to will, and freedom to live. Kent's art is paired with beautiful poetry from various authors, featuring quotes from some of the most famous figures in literature: E.E. Cummings, Camus, Dostoevsky, Thoreau, Emerson, and many more.
Corita Kent (1918-1986) was an American Roman Catholic religious sister, artist, and educator. She engaged in activism through her art, developing innovative methods to express her ideals of love and peace, that achieved special popularity during the social upheavals of the 1960s and 1970s.
EDITION POINTS: Stated First Edition, Signed on front endpaper by artist. Bookmark inside stating "Signed Limited Edition."
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore