CROSSTOWN, by Helen Levitt - 2001 [Signed Ltd Ed]
by Helen Levitt
Volume opens with a brief essay by Francine Prose, and continues with full page photos in B&W and color. 189 pages. 9.75 x 11.5 inches.
"Since the mid-193Os, Helen Levitt has photographed life on the streets of New York, capturing the pulse of the city at moments when sidewalk life becomes an urban portrait. Crosstown is the most comprehensive monograph devoted to this master photographer. In pioneering pictures of 1930s and 1940s Harlem, an innovative color series completed in 1960, and black-and-white images from the 1980s and 1990s, the book reveals the changes in New York street culture as well as the evolution of Levitt's photographic eye." (publisher)
SIGNED. This item is one of 6000 printed, published by: Powerhouse Books, New York. 2001.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition
- ISBN: 1576871037
- Gray linen over board has photo affixed to front and grey text on spine.
- Spine ends are firm and corners sharp.
- Spine is sunned to a light tan (from grey).
- Interior is free of writing and intentional marks.
- Photo plates are crisp and bright.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.