CRAWDADDY MAGAZINE - March 1967-July 1974 [23 Issues]
Crawdaddy Magazines 23 Issues
March 1967 - July 1974
Swarthmore, PA: Paul Williams, Peter Knobler, 1966-1974
Softbacks are overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Magazines are overall well maintained with mild to moderate toning and some edgewear.
- Covers are of three different stocks:
- first three magazines, March, May and August 1967, have regular paper wraps and are staple bound,
- 11 following magazines from October 1967 issue to Vol 6#1 are bound in newspaper style,
- 9 remaining magazines, from Vol 6#2 to July 1974 issue, have glossy covers, and are staple bound.
- Wraps display mild to moderate overall wear.
- Regular paper wraps on staple bound volumes are well preserved with little edgewear and minimal overall toning:
- March issue has check mark in blue ink pen on back to upper corner,
- May issue has same blue ink scribbles across back.
- Newspaper-style issues exhibit moderate overall edgewear and toning:
- March 19th, 1972 issue displays a damp stain along most of fore edge of textblock, 1" into page,
- July 1972 issue shows pronounced chipping along edges as well as notable toning.
- Glossy cover volumes are well preserved with little wear:
- "Issue 21" has light offset on back,
- July 1974 issue displays gentle toning inside.
- Interiors are well maintained, and display occasional damp staining and smudges.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display mild to pronounced chipping.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
8.75 x 11.5 inches.
The Crawdaddy magazines were created in 1966 by Paul Williams, a Swarthmore College student at the time, in response to the growing influence of popular music and the increase of the public interest. It also was one of the first magazines, with its competitor Rolling Stone, to discuss rock & roll as a serious musical style, even as other magazines discussed folk music and jazz, and as such allowed rising rock & roll artists to write about new songs and musical events. Featuring articles on the best-loved and famous groups such as the Beach Boys, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, as well as individual artists such as Little Richard, Billie Holiday and many, many more, this is an exciting collection of musical memoirs! [Wikipedia]
23 Issues. Feature illustrations, comics, and articles by various writers.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore