COOKING FOR THE CHAMP, by Lana Shabazz - 1979 [1st Ed w/Muhammad Ali SIG]$575.00
Cooking for the Champ
by Lana Shabazz
FIRST EDITION, first printing, SIGNED by MUHAMMAD ALI on title page. New York: Jones-McMillon, Inc., 1979.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- ISBN: 0932744028
- Volume features full-color photographs on front and back covers and a full-color illustrated interior.
- Wraps display mild edgewear with faint creasing to corners, a little more pronounced along foot edges, as well as minor scattered stains and scuffing. Most notably, a light 3" crease to back head corner also affected the text where it is barely perceptible and fades throughout the text.
- Spine has black text, and exhibits minimal rubbing to ends.
- Binding is secure.
- Blank page of notes has some writing in blue ink pen. (See photos)
- Interior displays little to no wear, and is overall in better condition than exterior.
- Front hinge exhibits some yellowed glue residue along both sides. (See photos)
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges display some gentle scuffing to head as well as a faint stain to fore edge.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
126 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches.
This volume is a compilation of all the favorite recipes of one of the greatest champions of the boxing ring, Muhammad Ali. It is an interesting book not only for the followers and fans of the American champion and of boxing in general, but also a great guidebook to making the most tasteful and healthy recipes in meats as well as salads, soups, breads, and desserts. It also includes tips for helping other recipes be both more delicious and healthy. The author, striving to maintain champions in the best possible physical condition for top performance, has devised some of the best-tasting and nutritive recipes that will be a discovery to any who wish to remain in top health and have pleasure eating.
Muhammad Ali (1942-2016) was an American professional boxer. Nicknamed "The Greatest", he was also an activist and philanthropist, as well as an actor, writer and musician. A figure of racial pride for African Americans during the civil rights movement, he was an icon for the counterculture generation in his refusal of war.
Lana Shabazz, the author, has been preparing nearly every meal for the boxing champion at his training camps, and is an advocate of the healthy-eating movement that has been developing among Americans.
Illustrated with B&W drawings as well as two-page full-color photographs of meals. Includes an appendix with Weights and Measures and Abbreviations, as well as a Glossary.
PROVENANCE: Signed by Muhammad Ali on title page, with a brief inscription.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore