CONSTRUCTED REALITIES, by Michael Kohler - 1995$50.00
Constructed Realities: The Art of Staged Photography<1 style="">The Photographic Art of the 1980s
edited by Michael Kohler
Translated from the German by John S. Southard, and published in conjunction with the exhibition "Das konstruierte Bild--Fotografie arrangiert und inszeniert."
The history and progression of photography from basic straight photos, to motifs, arranged and staged and tweaked to bring the artist's vision to life. After 46 pages of essay, the majority of the book consists of vibrant full color reproductions of fascinating images by many different post-modern photographic artists. 160 pages. 9 x 11 inches.
Presumed First English Edition. Publishing Info: Edition Stemmle, Zurich, Switzerland. 1995.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition, with a VERY GOOD+ DJ.
- ISBN: 3905514540
- Boards are strong with sharp corners and firm spine ends.
- Red cloth over boards appears pristine.
- Binding is tight.
- Inside pages are clear and bright.
- Interior is free of marginalia and underlining.
- Head of text block has minimal dust.
- DJ looks great behind Mylar, and is backed by archival paper.
- Close examination of DJ reveals minor edgewear.
- Book may exhibit other minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.