CONCRETE SCREEN BLOCK: THE POWER OF PATTERN, by R&B Marshall - 2018 Mid-Century$65.00
Concrete Screen Block: The Power of Pattern
by Ron & Barbara MarshallPublished by: Palm Springs Preservation Foundation, Palm Springs, CA, 2018.
Softback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition.
- Volume displays minimal overall wear.
- Covers feature full-color photo and colorful design with black and white text on front and back, and exhibit minimal edgewear.
- Wraps have returns.
- Spine features gray text, and displays minimal rubbing of ends.
- Binding is secure and features brass grommets.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Reverse of title page has ballpoint pen signature of previous owner on upper left corner. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
The apparition in post-World War II architecture of the concrete screen block has a significance that is crucial in understanding the context and spirit in which homes started having this see-through, protective gate separating them from the outside. Offering an extensive study of the development of the screen block and the various patterns which are the most frequently carved in the concrete, the volume explores the history and meaning of this intriguing architectural element.
Abundantly illustrated with full-color and B&W photographs and drawings. Includes a guide to screen block patterns at end of volume.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore