COMPLETE ARCHITECTURE OF ADLER & SULLIVAN, by Richard Nickel & Aaron Siskind - 2010
The Complete Architecture of Adler & Sullivan
by Richard Nickel and Aaron Siskind
A splendid volume on the work of one of the most influential architectural firms in the United States, from its beginnings at its foundation by Dankmar Adler and Louis Sullivan in 1883, to the present. Known for its auditoriums, opera houses, libraries and stores, the Adler & Sullivan firm is the result of a fruitful partnership between two outstanding artistic figures. This remarkable volume is a thorough and detailed history of the firm and a treasure trove of black & white as well as full-color photographs on the masterpieces realized by the firm from its foundation through its entire existence. This exhaustive record includes a catalogue raisonne, which accurately describes each building or work, its date of creation, and even some plans of the exterior and interior. A valuable study and a beautiful tribute. 461 pages. 12 x 12.25 inches.
STATED FIRST EDITION. Lavishly illustrated with full-color and black & white photographs. Includes a catalogue raisonne of the works at end.
Published by: Richard Nickel Committee, Chicago, IL, 2010.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with NEAR FINE DJ.
- ISBN: 9780966027327
- Volume displays minimal overall wear to covers and interior.
- Gray cloth covers feature text in silver on front.
- Spine features text in silver.
- Binding is secure.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges show discreet smudges along foot.
- DJ is minimally worn, with a slight bump to upper left corner on front, and minimal edgewear. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore