COLLECTION: YVES SAINT-LAURENT ET PIERRE BERGE - 2009 [6 Vols + DVD]
Collection Yves Saint-Laurent et Pierre Berge - 6 Volumes
Vol 1: Art Impressionniste et Moderne (Impressionist and Modern Art)
Vol 2: Tableaux et Dessins Anciens et du XIXeme Siecle (Ancient and 19th Century Paintings and Drawings)
Vol 3: Orfevrerie, Miniatures et Objets de Vertu (Plates, Miniatures and Objets de Vertu)
Vol 4: Arts Decoratifs du XXeme Siecle (20th Century Decoration Arts)
Vol 5: Sculptures, Objet d'Art, Art d'Asie, Archeologie et Mobilier (Sculptures, Artifacts, Asian Art, Archaeology and Furniture)
Guide d'Exposition (Exhibition Guide)
published for the Exhibition and Sales at the Grand Palais, Paris, February 21-25th, 2009
Text in French with English translation. Includes a DVD. London: Christie, Manson & Woods Ltd., 2007.
Softbacks are overall in VERY GOOD++ condition with VERY GOOD+ slipcase.
- All five volumes as well as DVD volume feature full-color front covers. Exhibition guide features B&W photograph on front.
- Books displays minimal shelfwear.
- Vol 5: spine shows some vertical creases typical of large volumes.
- Exhibition guide: head of textblock displays some ink staining near spine head.
- Binding is secure in all volumes.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges exhibit minimal overall scuffing.
- Slipcase shows some edgewear, with a 3.5" split to head edge near opening. (See photos)
- Slipcase also displays some rubbing to corners, as well as a scuff on head near "closed" side. (See photos)
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
281 pgs (Vol 1) + 161 pgs (Vol 2) + 271 pgs (Vol 3) + 433 pgs (Vol 4) + 677 pgs (Vol 5) + 111 (Exhibition Guide). 9.5 x 12.75 inches.
Handsome set of six volumes features full-color and B&W front covers, with slipcase.
All volumes are lavishly illustrated with full-color photographs. Exhibition guide is a list of items for sale at the Grand Palais in Paris, with description and price. Text is in French in all volumes, with English translation.
This magnificent set of splendidly illustrated exhibition and sale catalogs constitute the extensive collection amassed by the co-founders of the Yves Saint-Laurent label.
Together with precise information as to the sale and a history of their collaboration, the catalog features all items in full-color photographs and with accurate descriptions. It is an exceptionally vast collection in its size and variety, featuring paintings and drawings from ancient to modern times, as well as sculpture, plates, miniatures, and furniture.
Yves Saint-Laurent (1936-2008) was a French fashion designer who founded in 1961 the fashion label that bears his name. Considered one of the foremost fashion designers of the twentieth century, he was noted for adapting his styles to the changing taste and circumstances over the course of his career, as well as for blending comfort with elegance in women's clothes.
Pierre Berge (1930-2017) was a French industrialist and patron who co-founded the Yves Saint-Laurent label.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore