CIOPW, by E.E. Cummings - 1931 [Signed, 211/391]
by E.E. Cummings
Signed in watercolor on the titlepage. A collection of art by American author E.E. Cummings. The cryptic title, CIOPW (pronounced siôpô from the Greek σιωπῶ - I am silent) is an acronym that refers to the variety of media that spans this extensive collection: charcoal, ink, oil, pencil and watercolors. This particular volume features the original, unsplit joints making it a more exceptional copy than is typically found. Additionally, this edition is accompanied by a custom made slipcase with silver foil edges that echoes the silver signature on the front cover. 119 pages. 10" by 11.75".
Limited edition #211 of 391, published by Covici-Friede. New York, NY. 1931.
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition.
- Beige cloth over boards features Cummings' signature in silver, and looks clean excepting prominent small but prominent stains to head edge of back. Please see photos.
Corners are sharp, and spine is clean and square.
- Binding is strong.
- Joints are original and unsplit.
- The gutter at page 9 has a slight gap. Please see photos.
- Title page features E.E. Cummings' signature in watercolor.
- Ffep verso bears shadow from facing title page.
- Endpapers are gently age-toned.
- Foxing to copyright page and facing author's statement.
- Plates are all present.
- Interior exhibits faint perimeter toning and occasional foxing. Please see photos.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges are gently age-toned with light foxing.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore