CHINA: ITS MARVEL AND MYSTERY, by T. Hodgson Liddell - 1910
China: Its Marvel and Mystery
by T. Hodgson Liddell
illustrated by the author
Written and illustrated by Liddell, here is a magnificent tribute to China's exotic beauty. The color paintings picture in full-color the splendor not only of China's natural landscapes, its sunsets and vegetation, but also the diversity, originality and variety of its urban landscapes, its typical buildings, temples, residential areas, and port places. Written as a travel account and narrated with detailed descriptions from a traveller fascinated with the country he discovers, and the beauty of which he unfolds before the reader, this volume constitutes a priceless travel guide to China's cities and the diversity of its many places and landscapes. 203 pages. 8 x 10.25 inches.
Lavishly illustrated with 40 full-color paintings by the author, and some other points of interest such as a facsimile reproduction of passport in Chinese. Publisher's mark on front fep.
Published by: John Lane Company, New York, 1910.
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD condition.
- Volume is in overall very good condition with mild aging from fading and edgewear to covers, and some toning and foxing to interior.
- Red covers feature text in gilt on front, and display minor edgewear as well as some fading on upper part of front. (See photos)
- Lower corners show some bumping, with rubbing exposing board on front corner.
- Spine features faded gilt text and sunning with some light stains as well as softened ends. (See photos)
- Binding is overall secure with occasional gaps between signatures and little play. (See photos)
- Interior is gently toned with light foxing throughout.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Textblock edges have faded tint along head, with some scuffs, and are deckled on front and foot.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore