CHARLOTTE PERRIAND: AN ART OF LIVING, by Mary McLeod - 2003
Charlotte Perriand: An Art of Living
edited by Mary McLeod
essays by Roger Aujame, Esther Da Costa Meyer, Mary McLeod, Joan Ockman, Arthur Ruegg, Danilo Udovicki-Selb, Yasushi Zenno
New York: Harry N. Abrams, Inc. Publishers, 2003
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Illustrated color DJ cover features a photograph of two rosewood folding chaises from 1941 and the rear cover features two photographs of the artist from 1952 and 1929.
- White boards are in overall very good condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has light blue text against a white background.
- Binding is strong and secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Illustrated DJ has light edgewear. (See Photos).
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
304 pages. 9.5 x 11 inches.
Charlotte Perriand was a French architect and designer. Her work aimed to create functional living spaces in the belief that better design helps in creating a better society. In her article "L'Art de Vivre" from 1981 she states "The extension of the art of dwelling is the art of living, living in harmony with man's deepest drives and with his adopted or fabricated environment."
Charlotte Perriand: An Art of Living is the first book in English on this important figure in the history of 20th century design. Mary McLeod has assembled a collection of engaging and original essays that elucidate Perriand's rich, diverse career and the ways in which it intersects with contemporary cultural currents, political movements, and changing social and economic conditions. The book features more than 300 illustrations, including 60 plates in full color.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore