CHARLES WHITE: DAVID DRISKELL SERIES OF AFRICAN AMERICAN ART VOL 1, by Andrea D. Barnwell - 2002$85.00
Charles White: The David C. Driskell Series of African American Art: Volume 1
by Andrea D. Barnwell
San Francisco: Pomegranate, 2002
Hardback is overall in NEAR FINE condition with a NEAR FINE DJ.
- ISBN: 0764921290
- Illustrated cover features a painting entitled "Ye Shall Inherit the Earth" from 1953 and the back cover features on entitled "Mary McLeod Bethune" from 1978.
- Yellow boards are in overall very good condition.
- Corners are sharp.
- Spine has black text against a yellow background.
- Binding is strong a secure.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Illustrated DJ has some light shelfwear on the back cover.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
116 pages. 9 x 11 inches.
Charles White intentionally and unapologetically dedicated his life and work to conveying the concern, sentiments, and beauty of African Americans, always realistically portraying his subjects with dignity they so rightly deserved but were so often denied. Through universal themes he interpreted and presented the humanitarian and social issues of his time by examining the heroism, struggles, hopes, histories and triumps of black people.
Author Andrea D. Barnwell discusses White's regard as an artist and chronicles his career as he pursed artistic excellence, personal integrity economic freedom, and racial equality.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore