CATALOGUE OF THE LITHOGRAPHS OF JOSEPH PENNELL, by Louis A. Wuerth - 1931 [Ltd. numbered ed.]
Catalogue of the Lithographs of Joseph Pennell
by Louis A. Wuerth
introduction by Elizabeth Robbins Pennell
Limited edition of 425 copies. Boston: Little, Brown and Company, 1931
Hardback is overall in VERY GOOD+ condition, with a VERY GOOD DJ.
- Half calf covers are clean, with gilt title on spine. Corners are sharp.
- Spine has gilt text and is bright with firm ends.
- Binding is tight.
- End papers/ pastedowns show little to no sign of age or wear.
- Illustrations are bright and clear.
- Interior exhibits minimal signs of age and wear. Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Text block edges have deckle fore and foot edges, gilt along head.
- Original brown craft paper DJ has title in black on spine. DJ shows a few marks, some wear at head edge. See photos.
- Original publisher's box with title label on cover. See photos.
- Publisher's prospectus is laid into box. See photos.
243 pages. 8.5 x 11.75 inches
A complete, fine copy of the catalogue of the lithographs made by Joseph Pennell (1857-1926). On fine paper with lithographs reproduced by aquatone.
Limited edition of 425 copies; this is #71. In the original dust jacket, boxed in the original publisher's box. Included is a copy of the prospectus from Little Brown announcing the forthcoming publication of this catalogue.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.
#panoplybooks #rarebooks #bookboutique #collectiblebooks #antiquebooks #vintagebooks #bookstore