CASES IN PARLIAMENT RESOLVED & ADJUDGED UPON PETITIONS, AND WRITS OF ERROR - 1698
Cases in Parliament Resolved and Adjudged, Upon Petitions, and Writs of Error
A record of the various law proceedings in the English Parliament, as never before presented to the general public, or published in a volume. Bound in genuine leather and written in ancient font with a lengthy anonymous preface to the reader, this work will be "useful and entertaining to all ranks of English men, to whom books are so" and of interest to any who are concerned with the proceedings of the law in ancient England. Each case in described and narrated in detail with all useful information, and the names of the various parties involved. A table of the principal names is included at the end of the volume. 224 pages. 8.25 x 12.5 inches.
Genuine leather binding. Table of names of principal cases at end of volume. Each case described in detail with various parties involved.
Published by: A. & J. Churchill, London, 1698.
Hardback is overall in GOOD+ condition.
- Volume is in overall good+ condition with moderate wear on covers and moderate toning inside.
- Leatherbound covers display overall scuffing with partly exposed boards, and feature blind-tooled decoration along shoulders of spine, that is modestly affected by rubbing.
- Boards display severe edgewear from rubbing with exposed paper, and remnants of gilt filigree decoration along borders, as well as chipping on returns.
- Corners have exposed paper boards surrounded by cracked leather.
- Spine has raised bands, and exhibits strong overall scuffing of leather, with some cracking.
- Spine is cracked all along shoulders where a split is beginning on front, and less on back. (See photos)
- Binding is secure along gutter, but starting to split at hinges, with creasing of endpapers towards hinge.
- Endpapers are strongly toned with a pronounced peripheral damp stain, with creasing and small tears along edges. (See photos)
- Front pastedown features owner signature. (See photos)
- Rear fep is detached and has ink writing near upper edge. (See photos)
- Interior is evenly age-toned, with some warping expected with such paper, as well as a peripheric damp stain along edges on first and last pages.
- Inside pages are free of writing and intentional marks.
- Inside pages have occasional light creases and a 1.75" tear on page 199 near lower edge. (See photos)
- Title page has crease in the center all along width of page, going into text. (See photos)
- Text block edges show strong toning with overall staining and darkening.
- Book may exhibit additional minor signs of age or wear.
AS IS! Please see photos. More photos available upon request.
International first class shipping includes a handling charge to cover insurance.
Domestic orders over $250 include a handling charge to cover signature confirmation.